Question Can a low quality MoBo cause low fps in games?

bryanc723

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2015
Specs: fx 8350
Radeon r9 fury
8gb ddr3 1866oc ram. PNY brand
Asus m5a78l-m lx plus
Win 10 up to date.
500gb wd ssd.

I'm trying to play skyrim SE and am only able to get around 30fps outside, while interiors run at 60fps. More action drops my frame rate into the teens.
Could this be caused by the inadequate vrm or poor power phasing of the mobo? It seems everything else should easily handle the game.
My temps remain good, I've noticed both my cpu and gpu usage will get close to 100% under load. Nothing is overclocked.
The game auto detects and sets everything to ultra, yet when I scale 2verything down the fps still stays low.
I understand the game itsself is limited by its engine to around 60fps, but I figure with as old as the game is I should stay at 60fps at all times basically.
Graphics drivers have been properly installed clean. Everything else is as up to date as the hardware will allow.

bryanc723

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2015
It's the outdated FX platform , causing this. 8350 is now a weak 4 core.
That would make sense if I was playing more modern or much older games. But skyrim SE is old enough it shouldn't have these issues with same era hardware. After doing more research I'm assuming it is a certain mod, just don't know which.
Other games I play from the same era run very well.
If it is due to the obsolete fx cpu, I should just be able to roll back some drivers and fix the issue, correct?