JohannesB

Commendable
Jun 8, 2017
Hey!

I'm having a hard time getting my headphones charged as well as everything else at my home that got a micro-USB port.

I am trying to get 1 wall charger (In my case the one that came with my Google Pixel 2 XL that has a USB-C port) to work with every thing at my home.
I charge my phone with that power brick and I got a charging cable where both ends are a male USB-C connector. I got a USB-C to micro-USB adapter which I put on the end of the USB-C cable
but that setup won't charge any of my equipment, like my headphones or my computer mouse etc.

Does anyone know why? I could verify that every component is working, just not together in this constellation.

You could get a USB HUB with type-C, and if it is externally powered, then it could also charge the headphones. Even if a micro-USB connector works the specs are that a lower current is available...charge would be slower. An externally powered HUB with native type-C would be the maximum charge rate. You wouldn't even need the HUB to be plugged in to a computer, you could just use it as a power adapter.

JohannesB

Commendable
Jun 8, 2017
If it's not working with that adapter, the adapter is the issue. You will need separate cables for your mini usb devices. Get a power brick with more than one USB connection and use two cables.
I tested the USB-C to USB-Micro adapter in another setup and it worked. This time I used a USB-A to USB-C cable and put the adapter on and it worked like it should. Any ideas? :/

JohannesB

Commendable
Jun 8, 2017
You could get a USB HUB with type-C, and if it is externally powered, then it could also charge the headphones. Even if a micro-USB connector works the specs are that a lower current is available...charge would be slower. An externally powered HUB with native type-C would be the maximum charge rate. You wouldn't even need the HUB to be plugged in to a computer, you could just use it as a power adapter.
Thanks for the reply but I don't want to get involved with any hubs or extra things. I am trying to have one charger for everything I own and with one USB-C to USB-C cable (3.1 Gen 2 - 10Gb/s). My dream scenario would have been that the USB-C to Micro-USB adapter just would have worked as intended 🤔