Can a monitor cause micro-stuttering?

Leo Kislev

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
Some months ago I thought I fixed my micro-stuttering problems by disabling C1E state and Cool and Quiet in my BIOS, I saw an improvement but it didn't fixed the whole issue.
Yesterday I connected my PC to a TV Display using an HDMI cable to enjoy some gaming in a big screen, I was shocked to see that there was no sign of stuttering, the game-play was 100% smooth all the time.
So I bring the next question; Is it possible that my LCD Monitor is causing those annoying micro-stutters?

System Specs:

CPU: AMD 965@4GHZ, CPUNB 2.4GHZ (Stuttering happens in stock settings too)
RAM: 8GB; 4X2Kingston Hyper X 1600 9-9-9-27, 1.64V
MOBO: Gigabyte 870A-USB3
GPU: Gigabyte 670 GTX OC
PSU: CoolerMaster PurePower 850W

COLGeek

Cybernaut

That is the likely problem. What resolution are you using with this connection?

When you use the VGA adapter, you are using an analog interface. When you connect via HDMI to the HDTV, you are using a digital interface.

If your regular display will support a digital connection (DVI, HDMI, DP) then picture quality should improve.

Leo Kislev

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012

Ill try doing DVI to DVI connection, but the problem is not related to visual quality, the problem is that I'm getting 2-3 frame drops in less than a second. I'm going constant 60 fps but if I do a 180 o 360 degree mouse movement or If I simple run into a populated area with a lot of objects my fps drops to 58 or 57. Its very annoying. Its very weird because there are scenes when I see some fps drops to even 40 or 50 but the game remains smooth, but if i get those 2-3 fps drops the game feels jerky.