Question Can a motherboard die and still beep?

Feb 27, 2019
I was playing a game then my pc shut down and wouldn't boot up again. Whenever i press the power button the cpu fans spin with no beep or post codes for about 10 seconds then it turns off and on again. I removed everything except the motherboard, ram, cpu, and psu. Still no beeps or post. When I remove the ram though it gives continuous short beeps. Can the motherboard be dead? I tried the cpu in an hp workstation and it works fine so I know the cpu and ram are working. I did try a different psu with no success. im not sure if the motherboard is dead or if both psus i have tried are dead. Can a motherboard be dead and still beep?

My specs:
Cpu: i7 3770
Gpu: gtx 1060 6gb
Mobo: gigabyte ga-h61-s2p
Psu: 300 watt hp psu
Ram: g skill 2x4gb ddr3

Both those PSUs seem inadequate.
Purchase a good PSU from a local store that has a good return policy and test with that (returning it after testing, if you want). You at least need to be sure of the power source before you can test any other components.

Feb 27, 2019
Both those PSUs seem inadequate.
Purchase a good PSU from a local store that has a good return policy and test with that (returning it after testing, if you want). You at least need to be sure of the power source before you can test any other components.
After a couple of tests with the current 300 watt psu the system sometimes posts and goes into the bios but it's very unstable. Is the psu the problem here? If so would a 500 watt coolermaster psu be good enough?

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
Try using only one stick of ram at a time in each slot to see if it is a slot problem or a memory stick problem if at all. If you don't get any results with that I would go with a good 450-500w psu. 400 watt psu is required for a 1060 6gb. So maybe your problems will be solved with a good psu.(y)

Feb 27, 2019
Update: I bought a 500w psu and now the system bootloops showing the motherboard splashscreen every 2-3 boots. I have tried clearing cmos and taking out the battery but nothing seems to work. I also tried plugging in the gpu and when i do that it gets stuck on the motherboard splashscreen, I cant enter bios or do anything it just gets stuck