[SOLVED] Can a multi-monitor adapter work with 3 monitors on a motherboard that can only take 2?

Ibraimo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
Motherboard: H110M-HD2-CF
CPU: i7-6700 Skylake
RAM: 8GB
GPU: integrated HD 530 (no gpu)
PSU:...idk like 250 whats or something?

According to my motherboard specs:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H110M-HD2-rev-10#ov
*Support for up to 2 displays at the same time.

i have two monitors and they work fine, one connect with a VGA other DVI, there was one slot left HDMI, i tried connecting to my 3rd monitor but it didn't work, wouldn't even recognize.
So i was thinking of getting a SPLIT ADAPTER, from HDMI to two DVIs, (or if there is a better combination).
Would this work? if not, is there another way to get connection to 3 monitors, just from adapters?

So most logical thing would be to get a graphics card right?, well budget isn't in my favor, and i stop gaming for months now to focus on work, so i wouldn't have use for a gpu, but unless i don't have much options in my disposal, then my budget would be 60+60$ (120$) for both a GPU and a PSU, or just straight up 120$ for a single gpu with no external support, i was thinking of getting a GTX 650Ti with a 600w power supply (A cheap one, no 80 tag one) from ALIEXPRESS, other pages aren't going to be very useful, i am African and ALIEXPRESS is the only place with free shipping that i know.

Solution

i have two monitors and they work fine, one connect with a VGA other DVI, there was one slot left HDMI, i tried connecting to my 3rd monitor but it didn't work, wouldn't even recognize.
So i was thinking of getting a SPLIT ADAPTER, from HDMI to two DVIs, (or if there is a better combination).
Would this work? if not, is there another way to get connection to 3 monitors, just from adapters?

So most logical thing would be to get a graphics card right...

So most logical thing would be to get a graphics card right?, well budget isn't in my favor, and i stop gaming for months now to focus on work, so i wouldn't have use for a gpu, but unless i don't have much options in my disposal, then my budget would be 60+60$ (120$) for both a GPU and a PSU, or just straight up 120$ for a single gpu with no external support, i was thinking of getting a GTX 650Ti with a 600w power supply (A cheap one, no 80 tag one) from ALIEXPRESS, other pages aren't going to be very useful, i am African and ALIEXPRESS is the only place with free shipping that i know.
If you can find a gtx 660 on OfferUp or something similar known working that would be the best option but double check your psu it need a system with min specs of a 350w psu

Solution
If you split the signal from one of motherboard ports you can connect extra monitor - however you will end up with 2 monitors showing same screen, so probably not exactly the effect you want to achieve.
You need a GPU. Since that's only for purpose of getting extra screen the model does not matter. So I would suggest looking locally for used cards. Anything that works will do for your needs, and buying locally gives you chance to test the card before buying so you know it works. I bet you can find something in 20$ range. Then you just have to buy PSU that can run whatever you bought.

Ibraimo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
If you can find a gtx 660 on OfferUp or something similar known working that would be the best option but double check your psu it need a system with min specs of a 350w psu
I would like to ask if by chance, i get a USB 3.0 to VGA adapter, would i be able to extend a 3rd monitor or it wouldn't work because the motherboard can only read 2 from it's default ports?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You can't cheat the system. It won't let you. The igpu has a finite amount of bandwidth possible and that supports only a certain amount of pixels. Which happens to hit its limits at 2 monitors with extended screen. Any use of adapters means taking one of those monitor streams and making it into 2 or more streams, of the same original. So you can get 3 monitors working with adapters, you could get 10 monitors working with adapters, but all those are going to be duplicates of whichever port is the original.

You could get something like a Visiontek HD7750 which supports upto 4x or 6x 4k monitors for $50 on ebay.

TRENDING THREADS