[SOLVED] can a network card be hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

legepe

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
Hi everyone...!
Does anyone know is it possible for a hacker to gain access to a computer directly through the wifi network card if they are within close enough range? and if so what security can and should be done to safeguide?
Thanks
legepe

Solution
You can't "hack" into a network card. You can hack into your actual WiFi network though. But as long as you have a good security protocol, you can't hack into it without some seriously expensive equipment. Also, if you want to make your WiFi faster and more secure, reply to this message or DM me if you are interested. God Bless!!

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
You can't "hack" into a network card. You can hack into your actual WiFi network though. But as long as you have a good security protocol, you can't hack into it without some seriously expensive equipment. Also, if you want to make your WiFi faster and more secure, reply to this message or DM me if you are interested. God Bless!!

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
Hi everyone...!
Does anyone know is it possible for a hacker to gain access to a computer directly through the wifi network card if they are within close enough range? and if so what security can and should be done to safeguide?
Thanks
legepe
If the network card also supports bluetooth then it is more vulnerable. I recommend disabling bluetooth if you are not actively using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.