Can a PSU be installed sideways?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2217868
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2217868

Hello i have a new power supply and was wondering if psus can be installed on its side because i want to buy this very nice case due to its amazing air flow but on the back panel u can see that the psu is on its side here is the info to my PUS and too the case. please tell me psus can work on its side cause im so excited about this case and its design.

PSU: Evga 750watt G2 Psu

Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 High Airflow

Of course, the only computer component that is affected by orientation is the DVD drive and that's only because the discs might fall out. I know several people with standard desktops that they keep laying on their side to fit in the space the have for it.

USAFRet

Titan

I have the 540 AIR.
Yes, it is a nice case (mostly).
The PSU does not care if it is on its side.

D

Deleted member 2217868

Thx for the answers sorry for the noob question just when ur a new pc builder you got to start some where :)

USAFRet

Titan

When/if you get that case...look at the bottom.
Find some way to cover those 4 big holes in the bottom. Either tape them off, or get a filter for that space.
Corsair, in their infinite bean counter mindset, failed to include a $2 filter for that space.

I bought a SilverTek filter of that same size, held on with sticky Velcro, to cover that space.
Otherwise, it is just a dust sucking hole.