Question Can a psu slight low voltage cause pc sudden restart

Nov 5, 2019
My pc, windows7, athlon x245 amd, 4gig ddr800, biostar motherboard sudden restarts.
Ive already reapply thermal paste on the cpu, the chipset. Ive cleaned the ram and video card pins. Ive already done sfc/scannow ,( no integrity error), Any time update, updated to Ultimate version to replace system files , Scandisk, memtest , passmark burn in test, and copy a new client of the game Rules of Survival. But when i played that game after 25 minutes, the pc suddenly restarts. I go to the bios to see the temps, its only 46 but i noticed the 5 volts of the vcore is only 4.8 volts.
Could it be the culprit.

What is the exact model of your power supply? If you don't know, look on the label/decal on the side of the power supply. One of the four sides will have a sticker with the unit's specifications and model on it.

What is the model of your graphics card?

What is the model of your motherboard?

Have you checked your CPU cooler heatsink or, if you have a graphics card, the heatsink on the graphics card cooler, to see if they are packed with dust and dirt and whether the fans are actually working or not>

Does your case have case fans? Are THEY working?

Are your game and your copy of Windows 7 legitimate licensed copies or are they somewhat shady copies, obtained though gray channels like torrent or P2P programs?

Nov 5, 2019
Psu is a generic psu (made in china)
Graphic card =gt730
Motherboard= biostar 780le
Yes all fans are working. I have newly reapplied Thermal paste on the heatsink
OS is OK. Windows update disabled on services
Game is an online game free to play game

Psu is a generic psu (made in china)

So, given your symptoms, that is your most likely culprit. Given the low end nature of your graphics card though, and that fact that you've been gaming on it (Overclocking it?) it could just as well be toast. I'd start with a decent quality power supply and go from there. It would be a good idea anyhow, even if it isn't the problem, which it quite possibly is.

Reactions: Pc link

TRENDING THREADS