[SOLVED] Can a ROG Thor 1200w fit in my case?

Oct 4, 2020
I've recently finished building my very first gaming PC, and I'm looking to buy a ROG Thor 1200W to replace a ex-mining PSU (given from my friend), I'm wondering if it can physically fit into my current rig. (Since the Thor is 1cm longer then the PSU clearance of my case, and I've moved the HDD case since I don't need any in my setup)

Here's the spec of my current build:

Case: CoolerMaster Mastercase H500 ARGB
MB: Asus ROG B-550-F
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
RAM: G.Skill 16GB DDR4 Trident Z Royal Silver 3200Mhz x 4
GPU: Zotac RTX2070 (Scavenged from my previous Zotac MAGNUS EC72060S won in a certain event, somehow it had a RTX2070 in it instead of a RTX2060 Super) -> waiting to swap into RTX 3080 in near future

Current PSU: Corsair HX1000 (free Ex-mining PSU from a friend, planning to swap that out asap)

If it can't fit into the case, are there any recommendations of PSUs in similar specs? Thanks :D

Last edited:
Solution
I've recently finished building my very first gaming PC, and I'm looking to buy a ROG Thor 1200W to replace a ex-mining PSU (given from my friend), I'm wondering if it can physically fit into my current rig. (Since the Thor is 1cm longer then the PSU clearance of my case, and I've moved the HDD case since I don't need any in my setup)

RAM: G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Trident Z Royal Silver 3200Mhz
GPU: Zotac RTX2070 (Scavenged from my previous Zotac MAGNUS EC72060S won in a certain event, somehow it had a RTX2070 in it instead of a RTX2060 Super) -> waiting to swap into RTX 3080 in near future

Current PSU: Corsair...
Current PSU: Corsair HX1000 (free Ex-mining PSU from a friend, planning to swap that out asap)
I struggle to see the point in replacing a relatively new 1000 watt platinum efficiency power supply for hardware that probably isn't going to draw much more than 400 watts with both the CPU and GPU fully loaded. >_>

Even with a 3080, total power draw from the PSU probably isn't going to ever get much over 500 watts, so even the PSU you have is arguably overkill. Unless your friend needs it back or something. But still, a 1000+ watt model is almost certainly not needed.

Reactions: N.F15H and Phaaze88

RAM: G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Trident Z Royal Silver 3200Mhz

If it can't fit into the case, are there any recommendations of PSUs in similar specs? Thanks :D
If you really want to replace your current PSU, this will be more than enough:
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Vg...-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020180-na

Reactions: N.F15H and Phaaze88
Solution