[SOLVED] Can a RTX 2070 Super gaming x trios fit into my case?

erichoooop

Commendable
May 3, 2020
Hello, I am wondering if a RTX 2070 super triple fan can fit into my case. My case measurement is 17.9 inches Height, 8.5 inches width and 19.3 inches depth.

Solution
What if you have a fan that is blocking the length of the GPU?

Well then of course it won't fit. It's pretty simple, the video card specs tell you the size. Measure the space around the PCIe slot, if the card size is more than the space you have, it won't fit. You can make a cardboard cut out of the size of the card and judge the size using that inside the case. If there is a fan in the way you may be able to move it to another location.

erichoooop

Commendable
May 3, 2020
Which exactly RTX 2070 model?

Did you mean
PNY GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER™ Triple Fan XLR8 Gaming Overclocked,
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER™ GAMING X TRIO
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER™ WINDFORCE OC 8G
or some other?

And you have to measure gpu clearance inside your pc case. Outer measurements don't mean anything.
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER™ GAMING X TRIO

D

Deleted member 2720853

Is the clearance the width, height or the depth?
Depth Length. I would recommend checking your case's specifications, it should state the GPU clearance, and if there will be any drive bays installed in the way of the GPU.

Last edited by a moderator:
My depth is 19.3 inches which is 490mm but my fan is to the side, will it block the GPU?
Are those inside or outside measurements?
You have to measure inside.

23476_phanteks%20enthoo%20primo%20review%20-%20gpu%20clearance%2001.jpg

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Depth (width) is the measure of motherboard to case side.
Length is the case rear to case front.
Height is case bottom to case top.

So a MSI 2070 Super Gaming X is

Length: 297 mm (11.7 inch)
Depth: 143 mm (5.6 inch)
Height: 56 mm (2.2 inch)

That's because it's a side view. Can pretty much always assume the largest number is the length, I can't remember ever seeing a gpu wider than longer for a desktop pc, especially one designed for a pcie x16 slot. Case outside measurements assume a front view, so depth is front-back, width is side-side, height is up-down.

Last edited:

erichoooop

Commendable
May 3, 2020
Depth (width) is the measure of motherboard to case side.
Length is the case rear to case front.
Height is case bottom to case top.

So a MSI 2070 Super Gaming X is

Length: 297 mm (11.7 inch)
Depth: 143 mm (5.6 inch)
Height: 56 mm (2.2 inch)

That's because it's a side view. Can pretty much always assume the largest number is the length, I can't remember ever seeing a gpu wider than longer for a desktop pc, especially one designed for a pcie x16 slot. Case outside measurements assume a front view, so depth is front-back, width is side-side, height is up-down.

Well then of course it won't fit. It's pretty simple, the video card specs tell you the size. Measure the space around the PCIe slot, if the card size is more than the space you have, it won't fit. You can make a cardboard cut out of the size of the card and judge the size using that inside the case. If there is a fan in the way you may be able to move it to another location.

Solution