[SOLVED] Can a Rx 580 fit in the same case that previously had a 1050Tİ

Solution
No, not all of them do. Some may have no pcie plugs, some may only have 6 pin, some may have 6+2 pin, some 8 pin, and some multiple combinations of those. My 500W for example has 2 6+2 pins, so I could do two 8 pin, a 6 pin and an 8 pin (what my rx 570 uses) or just 6 or 8. I'm not sure what converter you're talking about, but it generally isn't a good idea to use adapters for that purpose, if your PSU doesn't have the right plugs, it probably isn't designed to handle that kind of load. If you just told us the model of your PSU that would make it easy to tell you if it will work.

Remeca

Reputable
No, not all of them do. Some may have no pcie plugs, some may only have 6 pin, some may have 6+2 pin, some 8 pin, and some multiple combinations of those. My 500W for example has 2 6+2 pins, so I could do two 8 pin, a 6 pin and an 8 pin (what my rx 570 uses) or just 6 or 8. I'm not sure what converter you're talking about, but it generally isn't a good idea to use adapters for that purpose, if your PSU doesn't have the right plugs, it probably isn't designed to handle that kind of load. If you just told us the model of your PSU that would make it easy to tell you if it will work.

Solution

lordofthenecklaces

Commendable
Mar 7, 2019
what does 6+2 stand for? can ı buy a psu with that for my rx 580?

Remeca

Reputable
6+2 pin plug is a 6 pin plug with an optional 2 pin next to it so it can be used in an 8 pin GPU. Most new PSUs will include these. If you need a recommendation for a PSU, just ask in the PSU section for a good 500W PSU that has at least one 8 pin or 6+2 pin PCIe and people will give you lots of options.

What is the make/model of your case?
From a physical point of view, measure the dimensions of the proposed graphics card and compare to the space available in your case.
Unless your case is a low profile SFF type case, you should be able to install a RX-580.

Next, what is the make/model of your psu?
A RX580 requires typically a 8 pin aux power connector.
If your psu does not have a 8 pin or 6+8 pin power lead, it will not have the amperage to power your RX580.
Do not use any sort of an adapter.
GTX1050ti usually needs no aux power.
An alternative might be a GTX16xx card which will need less power.

Another issue might be ventilation in your case.
A hot graphics card will need good intake airflow to cool it properly.
Something like two 120mm front intakes.

lordofthenecklaces

Commendable
Mar 7, 2019
What is the make/model of your case?
From a physical point of view, measure the dimensions of the proposed graphics card and compare to the space available in your case.
Unless your case is a low profile SFF type case, you should be able to install a RX-580.

Next, what is the make/model of your psu?
A RX580 requires typically a 8 pin aux power connector.
If your psu does not have a 8 pin or 6+8 pin power lead, it will not have the amperage to power your RX580.
Do not use any sort of an adapter.
GTX1050ti usually needs no aux power.
An alternative might be a GTX16xx card which will need less power.

Another issue might be ventilation in your case.
A hot graphics card will need good intake airflow to cool it properly.
Something like two 120mm front intakes.
1)I do not know the model of my case sadly.I bought it around 5 years ago.Its really tall so ım guessing its called a full tower or something.Im not quite familiar with the terms
2)Sadly ı do not know that either.But a new 500w psu is something ı can afford when the time comes(I also used a r7 265 with this psu if it means anything)
3)My 1050ti usually moves between 60-68 celsius sı ı think ım fine with the cooling part