[SOLVED] Can a RX550 work on a Lenovo ThinkCentre M81 ?

Jul 9, 2020
I bought some time ago a M81 from retail,i forgot what namecode it has,but the specs were an i5 2400,4gb ram ddr3,i cannot find the power supply value (how many watts)
1 year ago i closed the pc and went out,than later that night when i opened it is said no video output ( for the record : it ran on integrated graphics)
My question(s) : 1. how tf do i find the power supply
2. I want to buy an RX550 to make a little budget rig,will it be supported ?
Thanks
btw,my cpu failed me didn't it ? I will send it to warranty soon to get it fixed
If I am too vague excuse me,got a bit rusty

Solution
2nd Gen Intel, OEM board..... I wouldn't hold my breath for compatibility.... OEM boards are pretty locked down in a lot of situations..

There are too many variables to conclusively say the CPU is faulty in this scenario (with the info presented), but losing video out is not a good sign regardless.

As far as finding the PSU, those shipped with either 280W or 320W units.
Depending on the form factor of the system (mid-tower or SFF), it may not use a standard ATX form factor PSU.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
2nd Gen Intel, OEM board..... I wouldn't hold my breath for compatibility.... OEM boards are pretty locked down in a lot of situations..

There are too many variables to conclusively say the CPU is faulty in this scenario (with the info presented), but losing video out is not a good sign regardless.

As far as finding the PSU, those shipped with either 280W or 320W units.
Depending on the form factor of the system (mid-tower or SFF), it may not use a standard ATX form factor PSU.

Solution
I bought some time ago a M81 from retail,i forgot what namecode it has,but the specs were an i5 2400,4gb ram ddr3,i cannot find the power supply value (how many watts)
1 year ago i closed the pc and went out,than later that night when i opened it is said no video output ( for the record : it ran on integrated graphics)
My question(s) : 1. how tf do i find the power supply
2. I want to buy an RX550 to make a little budget rig,will it be supported ?
Thanks
btw,my cpu failed me didn't it ? I will send it to warranty soon to get it fixed
If I am too vague excuse me,got a bit rusty

That system is about 7 years out of warranty so you will end up paying for any repairs if you have someone else look at it, which for that age system is not worth it. If you can find a power supply to put in it cheap enough and do the work yourself, then good idea.

Jul 9, 2020
That system is about 7 years out of warranty so you will end up paying for any repairs if you have someone else look at it, which for that age system is not worth it. If you can find a power supply to put in it cheap enough and do the work yourself, then good idea.
I bought the system from retail and it came with a 3 year warranty (it was refurbished)