[SOLVED] Can a Ryzen 5 2400 handle a GTX 1660 Super?

alk_z5

Commendable
Feb 21, 2018
Hey guys! So I want to upgrade my pc by adding a new gpu(I was thinking a 1660super or an rx 590). The problem is that I dont know If there will be a big bottleneck,or my pc will overheat. My PC case is a really small one( Silverstone Sugo SG13B-Q).The height is 181mm,the width is 222mm and the depth is 285mm. The gpu length is 235mm and the maximum length for my case to put a gpu is 266mm so im good. The problem is that in my country its really hot at summer(35celsius,I live in Greece lol) and my pc case is too small and it will most likely overheat and make my gpu and cpu downgrade and have massive fps drops...Although I can fix the heating problem by modding my case with my uncle(I will see that will turn out tho...)Im really confused and I need help guys... Anyone that can help please respond.

Solution
Yes the APU's CPU side will be able to handle the discrete GPU. I'm a little worried what the make and model of your PSU is...more so when you're talking about an RX590 since that card will draw much more power than the GTX1660Ti.

Lutfij

Titan
Yes the APU's CPU side will be able to handle the discrete GPU. I'm a little worried what the make and model of your PSU is...more so when you're talking about an RX590 since that card will draw much more power than the GTX1660Ti.

Solution