Can a samsung 20inch led 1600x900 resolution monitor cope with a gigabyte gtx 1050ti g1 grphic card

Freddy Chenkual

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Hello everyone,first my system spec are:intel i5 2310,gskill 8gb ram 1333mhz,corsair cx 600
Recently I bought a gigabyte 1050ti g1graphic card to be running on a 20inch led 1600x900 reso monitor,,,my problem is that my card cannot send a signal to monitor, secondly I bought a dvi-d to hdmi cable but still my monitor would not respond, without the graphic card everything is fine(i use vga cable from monitor to motherboard)
What could be the reason that when putting my card, my monitor do not respond? Please help,,,,is there any bottleneck since my monitor is not hd?

bhagu220

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2015
Ofcourse your graphic card bottleneaking your cpu. But your display problem is not occuring because of this bottleneaking.
Try this simple solutions.
Make sure your psu giving enough power to your graphic card.
Try to change your connectivity cables. like vga cable or dvi adapter.
make sure all fans are running and all lights are glowing.
Try to run pc without graphic card. and then with graphic card.
Try to change your ram to another slots on your motherboard.
Try with another ram.
Try with your Friend's graphic card.

One more thing, connect your monitor cable to your graphic card instead of motherboard.
If still you have problem, then you need to contact your graphic card seller.

yashumehta

Reputable
Jan 24, 2017
it may be because of a faulty / blown graphics card. i had a card which got defective and gave the same problem, i had to change the card then. try the things bhagu ghas advised and meanwhile check the card in other system.

Freddy Chenkual

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

yashumehta

Reputable
Jan 24, 2017

Freddy Chenkual

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Thank you for your concerns regarding my question.
What I have found is that,,, my system is in good condition, and the card too,, because the card got tested on a high end pc skylake cpu, everything runs fine,,
So I conclude that my cpu is too outdated to handle the card?! :( But I found that its hard to believe the consequence since I have seen a first gen i5 750 running with this gpu on youtube
Some advice me to update my bios which I havnt done yet. But the thing is,,, why doesnt any article about the problems I faced or the manufacturer publish the current gpu system requirement? Its a pain for me to know that the best budget gpu was not compatible with my system? Also, will I able to run this gpu if I update my bios? I dont know much about this stuff, bios and all,,,, I'd be please to have your help

Freddy Chenkual

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Yes I have tried hdmi,still cant pass the signal to monitor,, some settings to monitor we do is that analog and digital switch maybe,,,, the mobo start page was displayed but it freeze there
My mobo:gigabyte ga h61m s2p,,,,does this chipset/bios not compatible with this new gpu?