[SOLVED] Can a single 240mm radiator cool both Cpu and gpu?

RedBody YT

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
So my cpu is ryzen 5 3600 with b450 motherboard and RTX 2060(non super) gpu.. Will a single 240 mm radiator be enough to cool both cpu and gpu in a single loop..

Solution
Hopefully you do some reading and investigation on setup, filling and maintenance. It's worthwhile to have the full understanding so you can get the most out of the cooling solution.

Often times new watercooling users will make uninformed purchases and then come back with updates of disappointment, confusion or just more uncertainty because they took limited information from questionable sources and made snap decisions. Don't just trust some complete stranger you met on a forum to influence your decision or what you should buy without first understanding the 'hows' and 'whys' yourself. Make it a point to become an involved consumer.

Lutfij

Titan
Looks like you're asking around for a custom level watercooling loop. If so, you will need to go through the watercoolign sticky(in my sig space) to learn about what your goals are and if they can be achieved with a 240mm radiator surface area(not to mention the thickness of the radiator).

RedBody YT

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
Looks like you're asking around for a custom level watercooling loop. If so, you will need to go through the watercoolign sticky(in my sig space) to learn about what your goals are and if they can be achieved with a 240mm radiator surface area(not to mention the thickness of the radiator).
Yes it's for a custom loop bf I'll look into the watercooling sticky and thickness is 30

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Is it possible? Eh, sure. But you won't get very good temps (compared to the potential of what custom watercooling can achieve) on either component. They'll be cooled, but you'll be left scratching your head why temps aren't that great. The minimum I would recommend for that setup would be a 30mm thick 360mm radiator or a 45mm (or thicker) 240mm with very good fans.

Understanding the total wattage (in your instance, CPU + GPU) need to be taken into account and knowing how much wattage a typical radiator can dissipate with a relatively good flow rate (0.5 - 1.0 gallons per minute or 1.9 - 3.8 liters per minute) and good radiator fans.

RedBody YT

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
Is it possible? Eh, sure. But you won't get very good temps (compared to the potential of what custom watercooling can achieve) on either component. They'll be cooled, but you'll be left scratching your head why temps aren't that great. The minimum I would recommend for that setup would be a 30mm thick 360mm radiator or a 45mm (or thicker) 240mm with very good fans.

Understanding the total wattage (in your instance, CPU + GPU) need to be taken into account and knowing how much wattage a typical radiator can dissipate with a relatively good flow rate (0.5 - 1.0 gallons per minute or 1.9 - 3.8 liters per minute) and good radiator fans.
Thank you for your quick reply and answer.. I think I'll go for 360mm with thickness 30 mm cause my cabinet may cause some issues with thicker rad.. Thanks again, my only worry is solved.. I can now purchase worry free

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Hopefully you do some reading and investigation on setup, filling and maintenance. It's worthwhile to have the full understanding so you can get the most out of the cooling solution.

Often times new watercooling users will make uninformed purchases and then come back with updates of disappointment, confusion or just more uncertainty because they took limited information from questionable sources and made snap decisions. Don't just trust some complete stranger you met on a forum to influence your decision or what you should buy without first understanding the 'hows' and 'whys' yourself. Make it a point to become an involved consumer.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS