Question Can a slight PSU low voltage cause pc sudden restart.

Nov 5, 2019
Pc specs is amd athlon x245, 4gig 800mhz, Gt730 videocard, biostar motherboard running under windows7 x64bit.
Ive already cleans the ram pins, video card pins the reseat. Ive already do Scandisk, memtest, sfc/scannow . No errors found. Then i updated from professional to ultimate via Any Time Update to replace system files. , Also i have updated the video card drivers and run passmark burn in software ,using default config. It has passed the 15 minutes muti testing... then I deleted the game that i use to test and copy from another pc that has no problem on running that game.
But when i played the game rules of survival , its only 20 minutes then the pc suddenly restarts. Also even when i test other games. Then after the sudden restart i go to the bios to see the cpu temperature and its only 46. But i have noticed the 5volts vcore voltage is only 4.8 volts. Could it be the culprit of the pc sudden restart

Nov 5, 2019
Based on the specs provided, the PSU has to be at least a decade old. What make/model PSU?
Its a generic psu. Ive been using generic (china made) PSU on my computers on my small internet shop. Its either they work or they fail. I have not encountered anything weird or something that works but causes problems. Its just either it work or dead.
I have replaced it maybe last two or three years ago. Its a 650 watts generic psu.

TRENDING THREADS