[SOLVED] Can a SSD’s fit into my computer?

Feb 14, 2020
Hey I am planing on getting an SSD, I currently have a dell Inspiron 3760 with a HDD in that, the ssd I wanted to get was the Kingston A400 480GB SSD and I was wondering if it would fit? Thanks

Solution
Greetings!

Chiming in a little late, but it looks like there is only one case style for your computer and it is setup to have one 3.5" drive in the bottom and two 2.5" drives can be installed on the inner front of the case. There are sufficient connectors on the motherboard for all three drives (a fourth connection is for your optical drive).

https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/inspiron-3670-desktop_service-manual_en-us.pdf

Scroll down to section 29 "Replacing the 2.5-inch hard drive" and it will give you the info.

Also, it appears that if the m.2 slot on your motherboard is not already used by an optane card and is free, you can install the 1TB SSD you were asking about in another post. It looks like it is the M type (NVMe) and...
Hey I am planing on getting an SSD, I currently have a dell Inspiron 3760 with a HDD in that, the ssd I wanted to get was the Kingston A400 480GB SSD and I was wondering if it would fit? Thanks
Take a picture of the PC or try to find the exact model on the dell website so that people get an idea of what we have to deal with.
If it's a normal sized case it's guaranteed that there will be additional spaces for drives,if it's a small case there might not be you would have to open up the case and look.

Albionm00n

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
Greetings!

Chiming in a little late, but it looks like there is only one case style for your computer and it is setup to have one 3.5" drive in the bottom and two 2.5" drives can be installed on the inner front of the case. There are sufficient connectors on the motherboard for all three drives (a fourth connection is for your optical drive).

https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/inspiron-3670-desktop_service-manual_en-us.pdf

Scroll down to section 29 "Replacing the 2.5-inch hard drive" and it will give you the info.

Also, it appears that if the m.2 slot on your motherboard is not already used by an optane card and is free, you can install the 1TB SSD you were asking about in another post. It looks like it is the M type (NVMe) and not SATA (one notch in the connecting end and not two), so make sure you don't get the wrong type:)

Hope this helps

Solution

TRENDING THREADS