[SOLVED] Can a super fast internet decrease ping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibraimo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
Im from Mozambique and extremely fast networks aren't possible here, and in most online games due to no close server i always get 180ms+ ping on Eu servers, but i wonder if i get a 44tb/s (terabytes) network speed, will that decrease my ping? to maybe anything bellow 100? (please don't give me a speech on how it works, the possibilities, just respond with a yes or no, im not looking lectures).

Solution
Im from Mozambique and extremely fast networks aren't possible here, and in most online games due to no close server i always get 180ms+ ping on Eu servers, but i wonder if i get a 44tb/s (terabytes) network speed, will that decrease my ping? to maybe anything bellow 100? (please don't give me a speech on how it works, the possibilities, just respond with a yes or no, im not looking lectures).
Without a "speech" on how this all works, the answer to your question is No.

USAFRet

Titan
Without a "speech" on how this all works, the answer to your question is No.

Solution

OrlyP

Reputable
Aug 20, 2020

My answer is maybe.

Can't tell you why if you don't want the speech.

NO. ICMP (improperly called "ping" by the unwashed masses) has nothing to do with how fast your connection is.
Semantics, maybe?

Ping is a tool that uses ICMP control messages to get a round-trip-time (RTT) reading (using Echo Request/ Echo Reply). Traceroute is another ICMP tool.

ICMP is a protocol. Can you use it directly to get RTT data without help from a higher-level command or application?

kanewolf

Titan
I will give you the short speech.
My answer is also MAYBE.
A giant network connection will take the most direct route, because that much bandwidth is expensive to support. So is it possible that your 40+ tb network has lower latency? Yes, because it might take a more direct route. BUT, it is also possible it is slower because it has to take a MORE indirect route because it can only go through more developed countries or large population centers that have the infrastructure to support that large a network connection.

USAFRet

Titan
Status
Not open for further replies.