[SOLVED] Can a unplugged sata cable ruin my hard drive while still conected to the psu?

Oct 16, 2019
So i want to use quebes os on a clean hdd by dual boot insted of a virtual machine, and for security purposes i don't want each operating systems (windows and qubes) see the others hard drive, because if the windows hard drive gets compromised the same is for the other, so i thought what if i just unplug the sata cable of the hard drive i won't use and since i have my cabinet always open it would be super convinient, but always keeping the pin power connectors of the hdd pluged in, because otherwise it would be quite annoying unpluggin it each time i start my pc.

So i want to use quebes os on a clean hdd by dual boot insted of a virtual machine, and for security purposes i don't want each operating systems (windows and qubes) see the others hard drive, because if the windows hard drive gets compromised the same is for the other, so i thought what if i just unplug the sata cable of the hard drive i won't use and since i have my cabinet always open it would be super convinient, but always keeping the pin power connectors of the hdd pluged in, because otherwise it would be quite annoying unpluggin it each time i start my pc.
You could just hide other disk from windows, simplest way is to take it's letter off in Disk Management, probably similar way in other OS.