[SOLVED] Can a webform be created as a link from an existing web site?

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
We currently use Google Forms (NOT the most user friendly or adaptable critter) to create registration forms for our various programs. We put an icon on the related web page pointing to the Google form. What we'd like to do is create a webform that would be accessible directly from our website as any other page is. Meaning, we would upload the form to our CMS program, which is hosted and supported by a third party, and then use that upload as a menu option. Our CMS content manager will let us create basic web pages or links to uploaded files, such as PDF, documents, pictures, etc.
We want to bypass our ISP because of the costs and headaches. Is this doable? We want to avoid web sites like JotForm as well. Thank you.

Solution
Our web host handles the site. Content is either created directly in the CMS or through internal links to uploaded PDF or graphics files. I misused the term ISP, instead meaning web host. Looking at the content manager screen, it appears we can add HTML code which no one here knows. Perhaps using a "free-standing" HTML editor and then cut & paste?
The link will pull a screen shot (I hope) of the CMS content manager page.
CMS screenshot
You can't just "cut and paste" that form into some other editor or content manager.
All the underlying backend functions will not work.

You can recreate it in some other tool. If you know HTML, or whatever functionality that tool requires.
If no one in your org knows HTML....then you'll...

USAFRet

Titan
What do you mean by "bypass our ISP"?
It still needs some sort of connection.

As for your form...you probably can't directly 'copy' the Google form to your local host.
But you can create your own, with whatever tool works for you. Same fields, different fields, etc.

Where is your website hosted now?

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Our web host handles the site. Content is either created directly in the CMS or through internal links to uploaded PDF or graphics files. I misused the term ISP, instead meaning web host. Looking at the content manager screen, it appears we can add HTML code which no one here knows. Perhaps using a "free-standing" HTML editor and then cut & paste?
CMS screenshot

USAFRet

Titan
CMS screenshot
You can't just "cut and paste" that form into some other editor or content manager.
All the underlying backend functions will not work.

You can recreate it in some other tool. If you know HTML, or whatever functionality that tool requires.
If no one in your org knows HTML....then you'll have to hire/contract/pay someone to do it.
And it will still need to be hosted somewhere.

The main problem seems to be the cost of your current webhost?

Solution