[SOLVED] can an all in one play these games

luckydriver

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
my friend has a 13 yr old who is into minecraft, pixel3d and gods of olympus. im not into gaming at all and my friend doesnt have a lot of money for what i would call a true gaming machine. i know its important to have a separate graphics card on a machine but the cheapest i could find totaled nearly 1000 by the time you bought the tower/monitor/keyboard. so i started looking at all in ones. best buy has the zero interest for 18 months which is why i'm looking there for her. thats what she can swing. i was wondering if something like this would be good enough to play the games

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-24-...gb-ssd-natural-silver/6402516.p?skuId=6402516

AMD Ryzen 5-Series - 12GB Memory - 256GB SSD AMD Ryzen 5 3500U

Solution
The specified i5 (for Minecraft is 4th gen. This is something a modern 9+ gen i3 should be able to handle well. 700 series GPU isn't much, but I cannot say for sure than something like 11th gen integrated graphics would be it's match. It would be something to look into.
RDR2 is another story. A 1060 or 480/580 are commanding too high a price right now. You could start thinking console for the price of a system equipped that way, this moment.

Might be worthwhile to consider turning to video media sources searching things like "minecraft budget gaming rig" and such just to see what's possible if you want to limit the arena in light of budget concern.

In a case like this taking a look on the second hand market may not be a bad idea.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The easiest way to answer this would be to actually type in "desired game minimum spec" and should take you right to the landing page for each games requirements. If it lists a dedicated GPU at all you would try to have to find a chart of hierarchy that compared iGPU models.

By and large the reviews tend to indicate that the G series Ryzen are pretty good for 720P low-mid settings on some titles. A 'U' skew is essentially a laptop CPU and has much less oomph.

luckydriver

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
is there any generality that can be said about an i5 with a separate graphics card vs an i7 with integrated graphics. i asked for a list of requirements for his games and they seem rather steep. cheapest i7 i could find there was over 900 for just the tower. the min requirements are all i5 but of course he would prefer the recommended

Minecraft Java Edition Recommended System Requirements
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz / AMD A10-7800 APU 3.5 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 8GB
GPU: GeForce 700 Series or AMD Radeon Rx 200 Series (excluding integrated chipsets) with OpenGL 4.5

Red Dead Redemption 2 Recommended System Requirements
If you want to play the game title on high fps and without any lag then you can refer to these recommended requirements which the company has listed on its official forum.
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
Memory: 12GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB

steam
Recommended
Intel Core i7-3770 / AMD FX 8350
8 GB
NVIDIA GTX 760 / AMD Radeon R9 270X

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The specified i5 (for Minecraft is 4th gen. This is something a modern 9+ gen i3 should be able to handle well. 700 series GPU isn't much, but I cannot say for sure than something like 11th gen integrated graphics would be it's match. It would be something to look into.
RDR2 is another story. A 1060 or 480/580 are commanding too high a price right now. You could start thinking console for the price of a system equipped that way, this moment.

Might be worthwhile to consider turning to video media sources searching things like "minecraft budget gaming rig" and such just to see what's possible if you want to limit the arena in light of budget concern.

In a case like this taking a look on the second hand market may not be a bad idea.

Solution

luckydriver

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
i was thinking about maybe kicking in some funds toward a real machine. i used a comparison site and discovered some laptop i5s are more powerful than the red dead recommending i7-4770K. ditto the vid cards. better than the recommended gTX 1060 6GB. and if he still wants a nice 24 inch monitor you can just plug it in the HDMI on the laptop correct? i dont know how important a gaming keyboard is but could add later if he really needed to. i was told minecraft is the real important game and this would def run that but running red dead would be a nice bonus for him. this is just an i7 example.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-gf...3050-512-gb-ssd-black/6468369.p?skuId=6468369

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compa...B-vs-Nvidia-RTX-3050-Ti-Laptop/3639vsm1559532

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-10750H/1537vsm1053158

this prob would work too
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-vic...b-ssd-performace-blue/6479080.p?skuId=6479080

luckydriver

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
another thing i just thought of is am i using the above comparison sites correctly? i assume if the percentages are higher on the one, that its better and would be above the recommended spec that the other one represented