[SOLVED] Can an ASRock H370M Pro 4 handle an i9-9900?

reapzstar

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2016
I'm looking to upgrade my i5 9600 to the i9 9900.
The motherboard does support it on paper, but since the i9 is really power hungry even under gaming, I'd like to know if the motherboard is able to provide it with enough power?
I'm skeptical cause it only has 1 x 8-pin power connector for the CPU, and I'm not sure whether that's able to supply enough power under games like Battlefield with 64 players and other CPU heavy games out there.
I'd like to know if someone is or was in the same shoes, or just regular thoughts.
I have a Seasonic PRIME 650w 80+ Gold unit.

Thanks in advance for every answer!

Solution
If you're looking at the non K suffix processor, you should be fine, as is, though I'd advise in having a better airflow in your build to allow for some air moving across the VRM's. Outside of that, I doubt that any of the H or B series motherboard will have a beefy VRM solution which tends to be reserved for the higher tier chipsets/boards, meaning that you're going to find beefy VRM's capable of being cooked while operating on a Z series chipset board(those that are above 100USD).

Lutfij

Titan
If you're looking at the non K suffix processor, you should be fine, as is, though I'd advise in having a better airflow in your build to allow for some air moving across the VRM's. Outside of that, I doubt that any of the H or B series motherboard will have a beefy VRM solution which tends to be reserved for the higher tier chipsets/boards, meaning that you're going to find beefy VRM's capable of being cooked while operating on a Z series chipset board(those that are above 100USD).

Solution