• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Can an external hard drive be added to a 4gb xbox 360 console

sgt0227

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Hello,
i got my kids an xbox 360 (slim/corona hard drive), AND I WAS WONDERING IF WE COULD USE ANY flash drive to save games on. If so, would it be a simple "plug-save-play" process? HELP!!!

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
i have used flash drives for save games before on previouse console and dashboard revisions, i think it is still possible unless they removed that function, but i believe it is still able to be done.

lucarai

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012

I'm sure they still allow you to save to a Xbox Formatted flash drive. And it should show up as a save storage device when you start up a game, just select it there, then you should be able to read your saves off your flash drive.

Sahithya

Reputable
Oct 13, 2015
It is always a good idea to push to engage kids in active games that will bring health benefits. Though the Xbox 360 benefits are unclear,these games get kids moving. Here is A helpful and informative list of Xbox 360 games for kids: http://www.momjunction.com/articles/xbox-360-games-for-your-kids_00356199/