Can an HP workstation xw8400 be customized as a gaming pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel_gaming

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017
This is what I know about the specs I have:

Intel Xeon
6 GB RAM
Inno3D GeForce GT630 1GB DDR3
2 HDD via IDE
2 HDD via SATA

(I am welcoming people who tell me to replace some components)

well I like challenges, I would think this is possible ... depends on specs of course.

can you download and install the following software it will give us more details about your system >> SPECCY <<

you can copy first page of details with a copy and paste of the screen will be fine for now
you may want to also then goto file and export details to a txt file we may need to reference to it later

okay the xw8800 can in many flavors, and we need some questions answered

1. Which xeon processor(s) you have?
2. your 6GB of ram how many slots are they using on your board (click in speccy under ram it will tell you)
3. what kind of budget do we have

you Realize a lot of these "upgrades" will be refurbished or used hardware, but that should not make you shy of it, I recently did a Q8300, and about to giveaway to a 12th grade kid to use as a home computer, and it runs great

Note: reference manual I found https://www.manualslib.com/manual/667149/Hp-Xw8400.html?page=3#manual

Samuel_gaming

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017

I'm sorry but I cant do that now... I'm doing a project at home. Also the computer (HP workstation xw8400) is sitting in my dad's office. I'll try to do it tomorrow...

How about asking your Dad first if he'll let you use his office machine to play games, Sam.

Also, how about I close this thread and all your others and you concentrate on the school project which is due in today.

You have too many threads going at one time. You have two hours to get back to me.

Samuel_gaming

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017

Operating System: Windows 10 32-bit
CPU: Intel Xeon 5150 @ 2.66GHz (x2)
RAM: 6.00 GB FB-DDR2 @ 331 MHz (5-5-5-15)
MoBo: Hewlett-Packard 0A08h (XU1 PROCESSOR)
Graphics: 4095 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc)

Status
Not open for further replies.