[SOLVED] Can an Intel AX 200 m.2 wifi card fit in the z390 Aorus Pro? Why does my PCIe wifi card wiggle in the PCIe slot?

Yoiji

Honorable
Mar 29, 2018
I know that the z390 Aorus Pro has an M.2 slot, but is it the right M.2 slot for a wifi card? Also, is it normal that the TP LINK AX3000 PCIe wifi card is kinda lose in the PCIe slot of the motherboard? Will that cause stability issues?

Solution
CNVi is an Intel technology.

You will need to take a close look to see if there is a small screw in that bracket. If so, you can adjust it to take out that rocking -- I've had to do this a few times with some builds.

RealBeast

Titan
I know that the z390 Aorus Pro has an M.2 slot, but is it the right M.2 slot for a wifi card? Also, is it normal that the TP LINK AX3000 PCIe wifi card is kinda lose in the PCIe slot of the motherboard? Will that cause stability issues?
Looking at your motherboard specs I see two M.2 M key slots. The correct key for a wifi card is usually E key (the 2230 wifi cards all seem to have A and E keys). You can get adapters like THIS, but I have not used one yet myself. But I think that your board may also have a CNVi slot near the 12V ATX power plug (which is populated by an Intel AX201 in the wireless model of your board). It's under a plastic shroud in all the pictures, but I expect that it still may be there on your board -- just no card in it -- take a look.

It is best if a PCIe adapter fits snug (not loose or too tight); often they have a small screw on the back mounting bracket to allow slight movement to better fit various cases.

Yoiji

Honorable
Mar 29, 2018
Looking at your motherboard specs I see two M.2 M key slots. The correct key for a wifi card is usually E key (the 2230 wifi cards all seem to have A and E keys). You can get adapters like THIS, but I have not used one yet myself. But I think that your board may also have a CNVi slot near the 12V ATX power plug (which is populated by an Intel AX201 in the wireless model of your board). It's under a plastic shroud in all the pictures, but I expect that it still may be there on your board -- just no card in it -- take a look.

It is best if a PCIe adapter fits snug (not loose or too tight); often they have a small screw on the back mounting bracket to allow slight movement to better fit various cases.
What is a CNVi slot? Does this slot mean I could put a Intel AX 200 chip in there? Also, do you know that bracket that is attached to the PCIe card that is used to screw in the card from the outside of the case? Well, when I put it in the slot, the bracket screw hole does not line up with the case screw hole, so I have to push against the bracket from inside the case so they line up. This causes the right side of the card to kinda push up(think of it as a see saw). That is the lose I am talking about. So does that cause issues?