[SOLVED] Can and a55 fm2+ Mobo get an A6 7480 ?

Jul 1, 2019
I have and old GA-F2A55M-S1 rev. 3.0. it was just for YouTube but with the new tv and his HDMI port this one had no future and ended up in the corner , i was wondering if i could just trow in an A6 7480 cpu to replace the actual A4 4300 to play things like they Witcher 1 and old games. In the gigabyte website the cpu support list doesnt look up to date te me. I AM aware that all fm2+ cpu should fit on any fm2+ Mobo but maybe i'm wrong. Help

Solution
The A6-7480 is not on the CPU support list for that motherboard, even though the board does support some FM2+ CPU models, that one apparently was never added to the support list so either it doesn't support it through the BIOS firmware or they failed to add it to the list. Chances are good the 3.0 revision simply never got BIOS support for that chip which was released later in the cycle.
The A6-7480 is not on the CPU support list for that motherboard, even though the board does support some FM2+ CPU models, that one apparently was never added to the support list so either it doesn't support it through the BIOS firmware or they failed to add it to the list. Chances are good the 3.0 revision simply never got BIOS support for that chip which was released later in the cycle.

Solution