[SOLVED] Can Antec c400 glacial (cooler) run on h61m-dgs board?

Body Sheded

Commendable
Jun 10, 2019
Antec official site says that it supports LGA1155 which what h61 uses, but it doesn't mention the board itself and iam worried that there won't be enough space for the cooler because of the GPU

motherboard dimensions
: (22, 18) (L,W) cm, Motherboard picture
cooler dimensions
: (12.5, 7.5) (L,W) cm

There is no return policy so I can't just try it and return it

Last edited:
Solution
Zoinks! You've taken a wrong turn.
Your link doesn't work.

Not all boards are designed the same in spite of having the same chipset under the PCB heatsink. What is the make and model of your chassis? Considering you can't try and return, you're also advised to state what processor you're using in order to see if there's a cheaper option for your CPU's cooling. Preferred site for purchase?

As for the cooler itself, assuming you don't have any ram and case clearance issues, the cooler should be occupying the same footprint as the stock cooler. Judging from the image posted by Antec;
gallery-c400-glacial-11.jpg

The mounting ring is the same size as the stock cooler boxed with...

Lutfij

Titan
Your link doesn't work.

Not all boards are designed the same in spite of having the same chipset under the PCB heatsink. What is the make and model of your chassis? Considering you can't try and return, you're also advised to state what processor you're using in order to see if there's a cheaper option for your CPU's cooling. Preferred site for purchase?

As for the cooler itself, assuming you don't have any ram and case clearance issues, the cooler should be occupying the same footprint as the stock cooler. Judging from the image posted by Antec;

The mounting ring is the same size as the stock cooler boxed with Intel's processors.
https://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/finished1.jpg
^ seems like this board has the same slot distance from the CPU socket.

Last edited:
Reactions: Body Sheded
Solution

Body Sheded

Commendable
Jun 10, 2019
Your link doesn't work.

Not all boards are designed the same in spite of having the same chipset under the PCB heatsink. One more question, what is the make and model of your chassis? Considering you can't try and return, you're also advised to state what processor you're using in order to see if there's a cheaper option for your CPU's cooling. Preferred site for purchase?

The mounting ring is the same size as the stock cooler boxed with Intel's processors.
https://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/finished1.jpg
^ seems like this board has the same slot distance from the CPU socket.
i edited the link it works now,
chassis? you mean case? cougar mx 330, I am sure there would be no problem with the cooler height, my processor is i7 3770, site of purchase is using EGP :https://sigma-computer.com/item?id=3226
also stock cooler is 90m width and height, c400 has more length that's why I am a little worried

Last edited: