[SOLVED] Can Antivirus interfere with my G502 SE?

thedoomturtle

Commendable
Jul 8, 2018
Just discovered that my Logitech G502 SE is registering as an HIB-Compliant mouse, not allowing me to change DPI settings, and it not being properly registered on LGHUB. So I set out to fix that. When I restarted the computer, during boot, it operated just fine.

However, when it got up and running, and my startup programs started running, it wasn't properly registered again. Before restarting, I closed all programs that were not from Windows, and as soon as I quit Malwarebytes, it is back up and running again.

Is it possible that Malwarebytes is messing with the mouses program, misinterpreting it as a virus? Is there a way I can put said program on like a pass list or something?

Solution
Make sure you're on the latest chipset/USB drivers for your platform, then try and make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for said platform. You might want to see if uninstalling and reinstalling LGS changes your experience.

To answer the thread's question, no the anti-virus cannot impede driver installations.

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure you're on the latest chipset/USB drivers for your platform, then try and make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for said platform. You might want to see if uninstalling and reinstalling LGS changes your experience.

To answer the thread's question, no the anti-virus cannot impede driver installations.

Solution