[SOLVED] can any one help

Apr 4, 2020
my pc always lags when i play a certain game <MODERATOR EDIT>, i made all certain possible choices to make my performance go fast but when i play the game it always freeze for like 2 or 3 seconds tops and it is really irritating, can any one help me?

This is my unit:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
System Manufacturer EMAXX TECHNOLOGY INC
System Model EMX-A70FM2+iCafe
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD A8-7650K Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, 3300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 4.6.5, 4/13/2016
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.42 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.23 GB
Total Virtual Memory 8.55 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.79 GB
Page File Space 5.13 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
what gpu would you recommend to my specs im a newbie here can u help me out?
Upgrading the GPU would only be useful if you are currently being held back by the GPU. If it is the CPU or RAM that's holding you back right now, upgrading to a faster GPU will not help with the lag, but you will be able to play at higher detail settings, but the lag will still be there. If you want my advice, I'd say save up for a full upgrade, because you are on an outdated platform, and upgrading to Ryzen is completely worth the money.
What game is this? Does this issue occur in other games? Chances are, with that configuration, that one of the components is getting maxed out while playing the game, and is causing the lag. Use MSI Afterburner to monitor your CPU and GPU usage, as well as see if your RAM is getting maxed out while playing the game. The only viable solution to this is either lowering the detail settings on the game if your GPU or RAM is getting maxed out, or upgrade your system.

Apr 4, 2020
What game is this? Does this issue occur in other games? Chances are, with that configuration, that one of the components is getting maxed out while playing the game, and is causing the lag. Use MSI Afterburner to monitor your CPU and GPU usage, as well as see if your RAM is getting maxed out while playing the game. The only viable solution to this is either lowering the detail settings on the game if your GPU or RAM is getting maxed out, or upgrade your system.
i did all the possible performance tweaking including lowering the settings details. i play dota 2 counter strike global offensive and gta. they are all the same, lag for 2-3 seconds then when it smoothens again baam i died hahaha. the longest lag time is around 5-8 seconds, completely frozen

i did all the possible performance tweaking including lowering the settings details. i play dota 2 counter strike global offensive and gta. they are all the same, lag for 2-3 seconds then when it smoothens again baam i died hahaha. the longest lag time is around 5-8 seconds, completely frozen
Use MSI Afterburner, see if something is overheating, or if your CPU or RAM usage is 100%. 4 GB RAM for GTA V(I'm assuming it's GTA V, you've just mentioned GTA) is definitely not enough, and if you are using integrated graphics(GPU is not mentioned in specs) then that also makes things much worse.

Apr 4, 2020
Use MSI Afterburner, see if something is overheating, or if your CPU or RAM usage is 100%. 4 GB RAM for GTA V(I'm assuming it's GTA V, you've just mentioned GTA) is definitely not enough, and if you are using integrated graphics(GPU is not mentioned in specs) then that also makes things much worse.

Upgrading the GPU would only be useful if you are currently being held back by the GPU. If it is the CPU or RAM that's holding you back right now, upgrading to a faster GPU will not help with the lag, but you will be able to play at higher detail settings, but the lag will still be there. If you want my advice, I'd say save up for a full upgrade, because you are on an outdated platform, and upgrading to Ryzen is completely worth the money.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Full specs would be useful. Hard to recommend a GPU without knowing what you have now or even if you have one now. The power supply is also a crucial bit of information.

It's possible you have malware/viruses that are making things even more difficult. How did you obtain your copy of Windows?