[SOLVED] can any one please help incompatibility issue with pcpartpicker

CitizenSmith

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2014
can any one please help by checking incompatibility issue with https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mznQDx
I really like this set up that some good folks on here all chipped in with advice on I finally picked a selection I wanted only to be confused by incompatibility!
getting different opinions so not sure what to do as I wanted the pro carbon board as it had the best review and comes with all the extras.
but after selection i get this.
  • Warning!Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Matisse CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.
  • Note:Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.
does this mean the board is to old for the Ryzen 5 ? and also update would not fix that ? and how can i check if cpu cooler works with cpu? and if ram clearance is ok?
seems pcpartspicker leaves you just as confused as I you went in! well for me anyway!.
thanks again for any assistance

Solution
You can ignore that warning. Partpicker isn't recognizing that motherboard's Bios Flashback feature.

There are also options if the ram just happens to be too tall:
-you can slide the 212's fan up a little.
-you can move the 212's fan to the rear of the heatsink in the pull orientation.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You can ignore that warning. Partpicker isn't recognizing that motherboard's Bios Flashback feature.

-you can move the 212's fan to the rear of the heatsink in the pull orientation.

Reactions: RodroX
Solution

CitizenSmith

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2014

I even tried to contact MSI but trying to find a way to ask them a question is like getting to talk to bill gates about windows physically impossible. just to ask them a question you need to take a ticket and fill in a questionnaire a mile long about the item you purchase? so no chance if you haven't bought yet.
they suck like so many electronics retailers, think that most of them have a god complex.
so your saying 3rd gen ryzens will work just have to update bios is that correct!.
Thanks for the info much appreciated.