[SOLVED] Can anybody help me identify this cable?

Solution
Pwm is 12v, Gnd, sense, pwm signal. If that's going from the motherboard to a hub, it won't need nor want 12v or ground as that'll be taken care of by the Sata power cable. So you'll only need the 2, sense and pwm.
Jun 9, 2021
Interesting because its supposed to be used for a PWM connector for my fan controller. This 2 pin thingy has a sys fan connecter on it with only 2 pins as opposed to 4 pins. hmmm

Jun 9, 2021
Pwm is 12v, Gnd, sense, pwm signal. If that's going from the motherboard to a hub, it won't need nor want 12v or ground as that'll be taken care of by the Sata power cable. So you'll only need the 2, sense and pwm.
Thank you for the reply! So my question now is how am I supposed to control my fans RPM because in my BIOS (Msi Z390 Gaming Plus) when I plug the 2-pin sys fan (also the 2-pin connecter is a 4-pin 'block' if you will so its only, +12volt & ground) into a header its not showing up! Sorry that description is a bit messy.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Afaik that 2 pin should be in the hub, and the 4pin goes to a fan header. It shouldn't be on the power side pins, but the data pins. Power to the hub should be supplied by Sata or molex directly from the psu. You'll need 1 fan plugged into #1, as that'll have the sense signal active, pwm signal gets sent to all based on that sense reported % rpm.

It won't show as a hub,nor any brand id's nor will individual fans show, it'll just show as a single fan.

TRENDING THREADS