Question Can anybody potentially explain why this fix works? (SSD related blue screens)

May 1, 2019
My PC is getting old (6 years) so maybe it just needs new parts but I figured I should ask for some more experienced advice. It has been bluescreening for about 3 years now though and its starting to happen more often. The one today was cited as a "kernel data inpage error". These bluescreens are a pain in the ass because when I turn the PC back on it says the MBR is missing or disk read error occurred Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart, and this continues forever until I reseat the cables on the C drive SSD. This always fixes it (its happened around 20-something times in the last few years I think) and I have no idea why this would be happening, such a weird fix. The cables are definitely not coming loose. This problem has persisted throughout multiple fresh installs of Windows too.
kaAlGh9.png

May 1, 2019
I havn't, all 6 SATA ports are in use so I didn't really think to try, but I have never had any issues with any of the other disks/optical dr. on the other ports to my knowledge.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
it could also be that the connection on the SSD are wearing from the excessive plugging in and out and in.... the ports and connections are meant for plug it and leave it operation.
the drive that are made for removal often are USB drives, the fragile connection is secured in the housing the more robust connection takes the abuse.

May 1, 2019
Yeah but if that was the cause of the problem it wouldn't have started happening in the first place. I'm thinking it's probably just a faulty SSD. Its a 2012 Intel. Really hoping this wouldn't be caused by a faulty MOBO. Motherboard is a Intel DX79TO

TRENDING THREADS