[SOLVED] Can anyone help ID this please

Obiwancanabi

Proper
Dec 24, 2020
Hi someone has asked for some help to identify this controller, I thought i'd try relaying the message over here to see if you guys have seen anything like it, apparently its for controlling the RGB, iv never had RGB so idk lol

"Looking for help with identification on this led driver on the middle of the board with the black dot. I believe it controls my led function from on, fast blink, slow blink, multi color and off "

143512759-10158912011879204-171489250328186768-o.jpg

Anyone know where we can get a replacement or even datasheet on the kind of thing it is?

Thanks

Reactions: RZRTracker
Solution
Doubt that that is some form of controller. Controllers use infrared to send signals: e.g., a television remote or perhaps just a simple on/off switch to a device of some sort.

However, in many cases the controller is much more complicated. A fan, for example, may have speeds, direction changes, or even lights.

And controllers often use some sort of sequencing series: one click do X, two clicks do Y, three clicks do Z. Fourth click = Off. Then roll over to one click again.

Another example is an LED flashlight. I have a small flashlight that shines white light, next click blinks white, next click blinking red.... Then off.

I have also seen similar devices in the form of novelty jewelry and decorations. Party favors at...
Jan 28, 2021
What device did the controller come from?

More information needed: make, model, etc...

Any codes or numbers on the "thing"? What does the other side look like?

Is the silver disk a battery?
The device is just a flashing led light with 3 small flat RGB LED's on the bottom side of the board. The silver thing is a small battery. Theres only traces to the resistor thats on the board and that small black dot in the center. I assume its some sort of controller but I have no idea what kind. I want to make a similar board but to be honest I know nothing about components on PCB boards other then I'd like to know more...

The silver half loop at the bottom just had a bent metal plate over it and when you pressed it down it connected the traces and made the lights turn on and fast blink, another click would be slow blink, another click would be alternating colors faded blinking and another press would turn off.

There are no identification information on any of it or the components.

Ralston18

Titan
Doubt that that is some form of controller. Controllers use infrared to send signals: e.g., a television remote or perhaps just a simple on/off switch to a device of some sort.

However, in many cases the controller is much more complicated. A fan, for example, may have speeds, direction changes, or even lights.

And controllers often use some sort of sequencing series: one click do X, two clicks do Y, three clicks do Z. Fourth click = Off. Then roll over to one click again.

Another example is an LED flashlight. I have a small flashlight that shines white light, next click blinks white, next click blinking red.... Then off.

I have also seen similar devices in the form of novelty jewelry and decorations. Party favors at kids parties - and adults as well....

Just some small gadget with colored LED's, a switch, and battery.

Used for fun or or just to draw attention to something. Very simple design, inexpensive components, cheapish battery, and overall not meant to last.

If you want to learn how to build such things then google search words such as "RGB LED light projects schematics".

Example links:

https://www.homemade-circuits.com/rgb-led-flasher-circuit/

https://easyelectronicsproject.com/mini-projects/4017-led-chaser-circuit-rgb-led/

You should find multiple projects and instruction. Some simpler, some more complicated.

Or revise the search words to focus the search on an particular special interest you may with respect to the "controller".

Solution