Question Can anyone help me with my PC problems please?

Oct 28, 2019
Hello,

To start off I would like to thank you for at least viewing this thread, I am posting this because I am simply lost and in hopes that someone has an alternative fix for me.

My PC Specs:
CPU: Intel I7 8700k
GPU: EVGA 1080TI FTW3
RAM: 32GB Tridentz RGB 3200 MHz
Motherboard: Aorus Gaming 7

Other Stuff (I am not sure what will help and what will not):
Samsung 970 EVO M.2 500 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB
Basically Razer Peripherals
Programs I have installed are: NZXT Cam for my Kraken x52 Cooler, discord, and razer synapse.

My problem stems back a few months ago while playing Apex Legends, when one night I got a game crash which eventually led to an ongoing trend. Now I know Apex is known to crash, but it stemmed away from just Apex. This problem persisted and continued to happen more frequently to the point where my game basically crashes every other match. Now I wouldn't be coming here if it was just for Apex. I began experiencing blue screen crashes with error codes ranging from IRQL not less or equal, to Memory issues, to random system 32 kernel issues. I reinstalled OS and it seems to be a temporary fix or no fix at all, as the problem comes back. I have since attempted to play 2 games, that being the new Call of Duty and Borderlands, both turned down settings, and both would run smoothly but then end up crashing, and eventually leading a blue screen with it.

Things I have done to troubleshoot, some of these have worked, but all are temporary fixes, for some reason another problem always seems to come after I think I resolved another.

Reinstalled OS, clean boot, from a windows USB. I tried this several times, each worked for different periods before the crashes and blue screens started again.
Ran a memory diagnostic test, the test checked out with no problems.
Ran disk checks for all my ssds and hard drives, all turned up clean.
Ran the directx diagnostic, no issues found.

I ran the sfc scan several times and it almost always finds a corrupt file, fixes it, then a day or two later I run it again and it fixes another thing or two.

Some other errors are also directx, that is what is been happening tonight atleast.

I took apart the PC, made sure everything was set up correctly. I have a feeling it's my GPU, but I am not as experienced as I would like to be. This PC has been running smoothly since the beginning of 2018, up until around 1-2 months ago.

Thank you again for reading this, I hope that someone out there might be able to help me, have a good day.

Last edited:
W10? If so, what build version? If on 1903, make sure you have the latest cumulative updates. One of which was about 2-3 weeks ago and fixed a false error problem for me in a couple games (Gears 5 and Wolfenstein Youngblood). The errors were out of memory and GPU stopped responding, and would cause those games to freeze crash. No more such crashes since the update.

Also, hopefully the RAM test was Memtest86, using all tests, which should take well over 2 hours and yield zero errors. You should also try the basic one stick at a time in the first slot test to make sure neither stick is faulty.

Are you restoring the system image file before running SFC (DISM), because that's the proper way to do it? Generally the problem with not restoring the image is a false pass, but since SFC is finding corruption, I can only assume you're restoring the image first. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Lastly, I prefer the basic Malwarebytes malware scanner, as it's more often the one that finds problems.
https://www.malwarebytes.com/premium/

Reactions: Ziothus
Oct 28, 2019
Hey guys,

Thank you so much for the responses. To answer some of your questions, I am running no overclocks aside from xmp profile 1 for my memory to hit its 3200 mhz speed, without that its set to like 2166 I wanna say. I am running Windows 10 v1903, and from what I can tell I am fully up to date on all updates.

I do restore system images and yea corruptions are found, repaired and found again as if something keeps causing it.

I am unfortunately swamped between work and school today, but tomorrow morning I will run memtest and malware bytes and report my results.

Does anyone know if this problem can be my GPU? That is my biggest fear because of the price tag along with it but I just want to be able to enjoy my pc once again.

Thank you guys for the responses, I appreciate it tons.