[SOLVED] Can anyone help with my PC audio issues?

kacampbell29

Honorable
Feb 8, 2015
I switched to a more air friendly PC case and ever since then my audio on my mixamp has been terrible. I used to have my mixamp on about 20% and it was enough to hear music, game sounds and Discord members easily. I now have had to resort to putting everyone in my Discord on 200% all audio on 100% and I can still barely hear some things. I would appreciate any help you can give. Thank you!

Solution
Open the case and double-check that all connections, cables, card seatings, RAM, etc. are correctly, fully, and firmly in place.

Failing that, update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right screen corner. You should be presented with a 4 item menu where each choice leads to multiple windows, tabs, and properties. Verify that the configuration is correct and/or as expected.

If you have Windows 10 the built-in troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Ralston18

Titan
Open the case and double-check that all connections, cables, card seatings, RAM, etc. are correctly, fully, and firmly in place.

Right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right screen corner. You should be presented with a 4 item menu where each choice leads to multiple windows, tabs, and properties. Verify that the configuration is correct and/or as expected.

Solution

kacampbell29

Honorable
Feb 8, 2015

I just now seen this but I figured out what the issue was. My headset has a volume dial that I never knew was there and I must have bumped it and lowered the sound.

I do however, have another audio issue if you are able to help. I still have the same Sennheiser headset and mixamp, but I have recently received a Blue Yeti microphone. All the audio works perfectly except for when I use the Discord app. Everyone sounds normal volume-wise, but the quality is pretty bad. Where before I used the Yeti, everyone sounded very good.

Ralston18

Titan
Key is to narrow down the problem by swapping with known working components.

Try the Blue Yeti microphone on another known working computer or audio system.

If the quality problem follows the Blue Yeti, then the Blue Yeti is likely defective.

And remember to consider if Discord is being used or not. You will need to test with and without Discord.

kacampbell29

Honorable
Feb 8, 2015
Key is to narrow down the problem by swapping with known working components.

Try the Blue Yeti microphone on another known working computer or audio system.

If the quality problem follows the Blue Yeti, then the Blue Yeti is likely defective.

And remember to consider if Discord is being used or not. You will need to test with and without Discord.

I also figured it out. I thought that my headset and mixamp were made for 7.1 which I am pretty sure they are. But for some reason the sound is better on stereo, rather that the 7.1

Thank you for your suggestions. It helped me eventually get to the solution. I appreciate it!