Robc1880

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
I was thinking about trying to mod my case to fit 120mm fans instead of the 80mm that it was made for. I have never done case modding before so I was wondering if someone would be able to tell me what I would need to mod a Xaser 3 case or possibly give me link that could help me out? Thanks in advance.

Xaser 3 case with 420W TT PSU
AXP2500 w\SLK900a + TT a1214 fan(11*200 at 1.85v)
9800 Pro
NF7-S v2.0
PDP DDR400 1GB(2-3-2-5)2.6v
Lite-On SOHW-832S
WD 80GB 8mb buffer caviar edition.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I modified a XaserV for 120mm front fan. I didn't want to cut the case, so here's what I did:

First, I removed the hard drive cage by drilling out the rivits (those are replaceable with a rivit too).

Next, there's a lip inside that prevents a 120mm from sitting flush, so I made a spacer from another 120mm fan by cutting out the center and notching it in a couple places.

Next, I drilled holes for the spacer, and mounted the second fan to the spacer as well.

The reason I did all that was so I could mount a 120mm radiator where the drive cage once was. Everything was reversable, except for the drill holes.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>