[SOLVED] Can anyone identify the issue behind this Blue Squares Crash?

Jan 23, 2021
Hi there,

I've been experiencing this issue since I installed my 980Ti.

In the event logs, it always leaves an nvlddmkm error in event viewer System logs, but since that's not a very specific crash, I was wondering if maybe the visual of the crash might indicate a particular problem. It also leaves a LiveKernelEvent 141 in reliability monitor.

Here's the link to the video:
View: https://youtu.be/Ar6UF-JeUMg

Thanks for your help.

Solution
Hi,

Ah my bad.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87M-HD3
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 980 Ti 6G
RAM: 2 Sticks of 8GB DDR3 HyperX
PSU: Corsair RM 750X

let me know if you need more details.

I have tried DDU previously, first time it seemed to stop crashes for a week, and then repeated attempt was less successful.
Unless your having heat issues I would still say start looking for another card.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi there,

I've been experiencing this issue since I installed my 980Ti.

In the event logs, it always leaves an nvlddmkm error in event viewer System logs, but since that's not a very specific crash, I was wondering if maybe the visual of the crash might indicate a particular problem. It also leaves a LiveKernelEvent 141 in reliability monitor.

Here's the link to the video:
View: https://youtu.be/Ar6UF-JeUMg

Thanks for your help.
You can try using DDU and uninstall then reinstall the driver but it looks like your card is going bad.

Listing all your hardware including make and model number of the power supply could help also.

Jan 23, 2021
You can try using DDU and uninstall then reinstall the driver but it looks like your card is going bad.

Listing all your hardware including make and model number of the power supply could help also.
Hi,

Ah my bad.

I have tried DDU previously, first time it seemed to stop crashes for a week, and then repeated attempt was less successful.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi,

Ah my bad.

Unless your having heat issues I would still say start looking for another card.

Solution