Question Can anyone interpret what my modem logs are reporting please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2022
I'm for the last couple of weeks having intermittent fails on throughput, the internet doesnt drop out with red led's on the modem but the hard wired pc cannot access the internet although its appears to be connected in win 10 settings.
After seconds or a few mins it will recover and be fine again for a while.

I have attached part of a log file from my modem, the time in the title is when the fault appears. I would have posted log files but I dont see how to attach txt files, just images.

Thanks for looking.
log0530on15th.png

I'm for the last couple of weeks having intermittent fails on throughput, the internet doesnt drop out with red led's on the modem but the hard wired pc cannot access the internet although its appears to be connected in win 10 settings.
After seconds or a few mins it will recover and be fine again for a while.

I have attached part of a log file from my modem, the time in the title is when the fault appears. I would have posted log files but I dont see how to attach txt files, just images.

Thanks for looking.
log0530on15th.png

Are you experiencing any actual issues?

If you go to your router' settings - there should be a status page showing whether it's connected to Internet (WAN status). It would help troubleshooting if you mention also your "modem" model/make. I would also check same PC with different cable, and same cable with other PC, as well as moving the cable between router' RJ45 ports.

Jun 16, 2022
Unless you absolutely need it, I would recommend disabling UPnP on your router. It is a security risk. It is safer to manually open ports as required, rather than allowing them to automatically happen without your knowledge.
Thanks for the advice, I have now turned off UPnP though 2 other buttons are enabled, NAT-PMP & Secure mode.
Ive not had the random fault in the last 24hrs, so perhaps its wise to test this for a while.

Jun 16, 2022
If you go to your router' settings - there should be a status page showing whether it's connected to Internet (WAN status). It would help troubleshooting if you mention also your "modem" model/make. I would also check same PC with different cable, and same cable with other PC, as well as moving the cable between router' RJ45 ports.
My modem is Technicolor MediaAccess TG589vac. When the fault happens I cant get a result on my phone either using speedtest, it says socket error.
I now have to wait see if it happens again, thanks.

Jun 16, 2022
I would like to thank those who offered suggestions, the problem has not occurred for some few days now so hopefully its fixed and this thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.