Can anyone recommend a decent router

Brand24

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
I just had the NBN (FTTP) installed 95mbs connection.
Don't need a modem just a stable router.
I need to get a router for wifi for my other devices such as phone, tv etc.
My PC is going to be connected via ethernet cable.

I don't really want to spend big $$$ as the wifi is mainly for browsing and streaming purposes.
My pc will be used to play online and download.
I have an average size home and the router will not be more than 5-10 meters from devices at any time.

Solution
I Use Draytek Vigor 2925Vn plus. I absolutely swear by the Draytek series routers. This is a SOHO (Small Office Home Office) router/firewall that also has some pretty sophisticated security features. I have had it in operation since I picked it up 2 years ago, it has never been switched off and has only ever been restarted for a firmware update. It has a sufficient CPU to manage high speed connections without dropping connections or packets, and will even allow you to set up a QoS (Quality of Service) Policy that will allow you to restrict bandwidth to devices or even specific services to stop them from interfering with other people's online activities.

The router itself is designed for high speed internet access and I too am an NBN...

finitekosmos

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017
I Use Draytek Vigor 2925Vn plus. I absolutely swear by the Draytek series routers. This is a SOHO (Small Office Home Office) router/firewall that also has some pretty sophisticated security features. I have had it in operation since I picked it up 2 years ago, it has never been switched off and has only ever been restarted for a firmware update. It has a sufficient CPU to manage high speed connections without dropping connections or packets, and will even allow you to set up a QoS (Quality of Service) Policy that will allow you to restrict bandwidth to devices or even specific services to stop them from interfering with other people's online activities.

The router itself is designed for high speed internet access and I too am an NBN customer on a similar Fiber plan to yours. This router maybe a bit sophisticated for home use but its a great router. In my home I have a private Exchange Server, 2 domain controllers and 3 Personal Computers with 2 iPads, 2 mobile phones and 2 games consoles they represent a fairly busy home network with a router that manages it all with ease.

Being a 2 year old device, it is approaching its end of life production run, however the replacement model is available with better support for more modern Wi-Fi standards. you can find it here.

https://www.draytek.com.au/products/broadband-routers/vigor2926-series/

Good luck!

Solution
edge router X is very nice and only $50. it has the latest QoS for gaming. 95Mbs is right at the limit of what it can handle for QoS.
If that's a priority then your options are very limited, esp if you are considering getting faster internet.

Pair it with a unfi AP for wifi $80.