[SOLVED] Can anyone recommend a low end graphics card to pair with a Ryzen 2600?

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Hi title says it all, im gonna be swapping out my dads rx 580 with a different graphics card but i do not know what graphics card to replace it with, my dad doesnt really game apart from browser games like the ones on facebook or whatever lol, besides that i still want him to have 1080p quality and i've read that a 1050ti might be decent enough? but thats if i can get my hands on one, if theres any other gpus that i can use could u please let me know? thanks!

EDIT: I shoulda made this more clear but... I want to swap this RX580 out for a weaker one because 1. my dad doesnt really need that card. 2. the rx580 will go in a different build.

Last edited:
Solution
"my dad doesnt really game apart from browser games like the ones on facebook or whatever lol, besides that i still want him to have 1080p quality"

The "new" card will go into his father's system. Presumably he wants the RX580 for himself. If it is going un-utilized in that Ryzen 2600 system, this is a good move. Can't buy one for a reasonable price, but you can buy a graphics card for browser games.

larkspur

Distinguished
Sounds like you want the RX 580 out of your Dad's machine because he doesn't really need it and you want it? Is that right? What are the specs of your Dad's machine? If it has integrated graphics then it sounds like he'll be fine using the integrated graphics.

Reactions: Reiv_4

larkspur

Distinguished
Oh, having read your title again, it sounds like your Dad's machine has a Ryzen 2600 right? So no integrated graphics then. So a super-low end card like an Nvidia GT 710 should work fine for him. I wouldn't spend much at all if all he's not running "real" games.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
GT710, 720, 730, all going to be around the same price after shipping. Just get one that seems like it is in good shape. I would not buy one of those new, they are very overpriced.

If you wanted to buy a new card, the only one I can recommend is the GT1030, it has stayed relatively close to its original retail price. Still overpriced, but it is a decent graphics card and has a lot of up to date features like HDMI 2.0 which might come in handy in the future.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
"my dad doesnt really game apart from browser games like the ones on facebook or whatever lol, besides that i still want him to have 1080p quality"

The "new" card will go into his father's system. Presumably he wants the RX580 for himself. If it is going un-utilized in that Ryzen 2600 system, this is a good move. Can't buy one for a reasonable price, but you can buy a graphics card for browser games.

Solution

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Sounds like you want the RX 580 out of your Dad's machine because he doesn't really need it and you want it? Is that right? What are the specs of your Dad's machine? If it has integrated graphics then it sounds like he'll be fine using the integrated graphics.
Yes you're right, and it says that the 2600 doesnt have integrated graphics though

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
GT710, 720, 730, all going to be around the same price after shipping. Just get one that seems like it is in good shape. I would not buy one of those new, they are very overpriced.

If you wanted to buy a new card, the only one I can recommend is the GT1030, it has stayed relatively close to its original retail price. Still overpriced, but it is a decent graphics card and has a lot of up to date features like HDMI 2.0 which might come in handy in the future.
Okay thank you for this, i was looking at the 1030 too but wasnt quite sure about it

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019

Yess exactly this, i shoulda worded things better but id assume people would of understood what i meant