Question Can anyone recommend Creative Sound Blaster Play 3 or 4 for a total novice ?

jefrey195762

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
can anyone suggest/recommend either the Creative Sound Blaster Play 3 or 4 for a novice using a budget asus laptop and various headphones, from sennheiser mx375 earbuds to bose qc35 and samson sr850?

can anyone suggest/recommend either the Creative Sound Blaster Play 3 or 4 for a novice using a budget asus laptop and various headphones, from sennheiser mx375 earbuds to bose qc35 and samson sr850?
The Play 3 is a cheaper part than Play 4. So the question would come down to whether the Play 4's added feature set is worth the extra cost.

I've never used either so can't say. The Play 3 has been around a while so I strongly suspect it does a decent enough job of providing basic audio, so I'd suggest reading some reviews of the Play 4 in particular to see if it's worth the money. In some respects, what might make it worth the cost is the bundled software it comes with. If none of that is useful you might be paying more for nothing but a couple buttons you could repeatedly click in frustration when it doesn't do what you want.

Last edited: