[SOLVED] Can anyone share their experience with an i9 12900k

SpiderSparrow

Prominent
Sep 1, 2020
Hey guys, I am meant to be getting a pre-built soon with an i9 12900k soon.

However, I just wanted to ask from people here, who have the CPU, what their experience has been like with it so far?

How do the games perform, are you noticing too much power usage when gaming, and how it is working overall with your system?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated :)

Solution
Power supply is a little undersized, should work though. RTX3080 are known to have pretty high spikes in power requirements that can trip up some power supplies. The RMx series is good, but 850W would be more appropriate. (I'm using one with a 3080Ti, it uses ALL the cables)

360mm radiator should keep the CPU at reasonable levels under a full load then. Mid70s to low 80s expected at stock. Overclocking isn't worth it, but if you did do an all core overclock, you could see it hit the 90s. But if just gaming, probably sit in the mid 60s most of the time with spikes into the 70s. Your chassis might raise those figures a little, but not too much, pretty wide open gap for the fans at the front.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Power supply is a little undersized, should work though. RTX3080 are known to have pretty high spikes in power requirements that can trip up some power supplies. The RMx series is good, but 850W would be more appropriate. (I'm using one with a 3080Ti, it uses ALL the cables)

360mm radiator should keep the CPU at reasonable levels under a full load then. Mid70s to low 80s expected at stock. Overclocking isn't worth it, but if you did do an all core overclock, you could see it hit the 90s. But if just gaming, probably sit in the mid 60s most of the time with spikes into the 70s. Your chassis might raise those figures a little, but not too much, pretty wide open gap for the fans at the front.

Solution