[SOLVED] Can anyone suggest a good monitor from Samsung?

Endre

Reputable
Hello!

I’m interested into buying a good monitor from Samsung.
But, there are a few requirements that I want for it:

1. To be flat
  2. To have an HDMI port
  3. To be smaller sized: 22-24 inch
  4. To have LED screen (or higher technology)
  5. To have a high refresh rate: 140Hz or higher

Please give me some suggestions.
Thanks!

Solution
Then I'd say a 24" 1080p would be a good choice. I'm not convinced though that you really NEED a high refresh rate. Are you a serious gamer, or a more casual one? What KINDS of games do you typically play? RPGs? Shooters? Fast action or more puzzle solving types?
No such thing unless you want to pay upwards of 400 dollars as that is the cheapest monitor sold by Samsung that is less than 25" and has a 120hz or higher refresh rate.

Is there a specific reason you are looking for ONLY a Samsung display? Samsung really isn't even in the top five manufacturers when it comes to high quality displays, especially for gaming.

Endre

Reputable
No such thing unless you want to pay upwards of 400 dollars as that is the cheapest monitor sold by Samsung that is less than 25" and has a 120hz or higher refresh rate.

Is there a specific reason you are looking for ONLY a Samsung display? Samsung really isn't even in the top five manufacturers when it comes to high quality displays, especially for gaming.

Samsung has a reputation for making good screens.
I want to use it both for gaming and watching videos, movies etc.

Besides Samsung what other good options do I have?

Then I'd say a 24" 1080p would be a good choice. I'm not convinced though that you really NEED a high refresh rate. Are you a serious gamer, or a more casual one? What KINDS of games do you typically play? RPGs? Shooters? Fast action or more puzzle solving types?

Reactions: Endre
Solution

Endre

Reputable

Yes 24” 1080p should be good.

I’m not a serious gamer.
I usually play shooters like:
Call of Duty, Half Life, Crysis, Far Cry etc.

Ok, couple more questions and sorry to take so long offering a recommendation but the fact is that there are getting to be very few GOOD options in the sub 24" category anymore that are flat and have good reviews. Mostly these are going to be 25-27" with 27" being the most common these days.

What is your budget for a monitor AND what country are you in?

Would you be ok with a 27" display if it fit all your criteria and had good reviews?

Endre

Reputable
Ok, couple more questions and sorry to take so long offering a recommendation but the fact is that there are getting to be very few GOOD options in the sub 24" category anymore that are flat and have good reviews. Mostly these are going to be 25-27" with 27" being the most common these days.

What is your budget for a monitor AND what country are you in?

Would you be ok with a 27" display if it fit all your criteria and had good reviews?

The price should not exceed €400.
The size shouldn’t exceed 24”.

For sure. I've heard very good things about their displays. Never used one, and they are not one of the better known brands here in the US, but elsewhere they are well respected by gamers and enthusiasts.

I think for watching video, especially if you tend to watch in a room that is a bit darker, you'd be much happier with a VA panel rather than TN, since they tend to have much better black uniformity and more accurate color representation, but since the majority of panels with decent performance and specifications have mostly all been shifted towards either curved displays or larger than 24" models, there is definitely somewhat of a limit of what you can get in a 24" display these days, especially when it comes to what TYPE of panel you can get.

People looking for 24" displays are generally looking for cheaper monitors and that almost always means a TN panel, which is why almost all of the 24" panels are TN rather than VA or IPS except in some of the curved or very expensive models.

Reactions: Endre