Can b360m-itx ac Support a 9th gen CPU?

Solution
Since ASRock says it will, it obviously supports it some way BUT as always it might require specific BIOS versions, if this is the case they will list this somewhere in the Support section. Given that the model predates the 9th gen cpu's (obvious given what the other websites you mention say) this seems the most likely alternative.

Looking at the link you provided this is where one would expect (Support, then "CPU Support List"), and as expected all the 9th gen cpu's they list require a minimum of BIOS P3.10. So unless the seller specifically tells you that the motherboard they sell you is "9th generation ready" or something similar there's a chance it won't be able to accept it out of the box. It can be made to work but would require...

torbjorn.lindgren

Honorable
Jan 13, 2019
Since ASRock says it will, it obviously supports it some way BUT as always it might require specific BIOS versions, if this is the case they will list this somewhere in the Support section. Given that the model predates the 9th gen cpu's (obvious given what the other websites you mention say) this seems the most likely alternative.

Looking at the link you provided this is where one would expect (Support, then "CPU Support List"), and as expected all the 9th gen cpu's they list require a minimum of BIOS P3.10. So unless the seller specifically tells you that the motherboard they sell you is "9th generation ready" or something similar there's a chance it won't be able to accept it out of the box. It can be made to work but would require borrowing one of the "ALL" cpu's temporarily (most but not! all 8th gen models).

Solution

thecavegame

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016

Thank you so much for the fast response. I was thinking of taking it to a shop and hoping they have the CPU's required to help upgrade my boards bios. Hopefully they will have the required equipment/cpu's etc and wont charge too much as its only a bios update. As soon as it can post I can do the rest so It shouldn't cost too much.

TRENDING THREADS