Can be quiet 850W handle four RX 580 nitro+ 4GB

p3kseventyfour

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
I want to connect four RX 580 Nitro+ to be quiet 850W Straight Power 11. I read it has four +12V rails so I assume it can handle four RX 580 nitro+ 4GB. Additionally in my setup I have Intel Pentium G4400 CPU, 2,5" HDD and Gigabyte H110-D3 motherboard. Will this PSU handle the setup without problems?
P.S. I'm a beginner so if you could give me a link with a good explanation how to do such calculations by myself I would be very grateful

Solution
The 4GB variant is officially a 235W / card. x4 = 940W

In real-world use, they draw a bit more.
So, at max load, even before the addition of CPU etc, no - I wouldn't expect it to be stable, no.

Undervolting etc (for mining) would bring power consumption down some...... but not likely to be dramatic enough to put it within "ideal" efficiency range of the PSU - I'd expect to get it somewhere right around 850W with relative ease*.

*100% load on a PSU isn't ideal either - definitely not for 24/7 usage.

I'd be looking to something more in the 1200W or higher range, of great quality.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The 4GB variant is officially a 235W / card. x4 = 940W

In real-world use, they draw a bit more.
So, at max load, even before the addition of CPU etc, no - I wouldn't expect it to be stable, no.

Undervolting etc (for mining) would bring power consumption down some...... but not likely to be dramatic enough to put it within "ideal" efficiency range of the PSU - I'd expect to get it somewhere right around 850W with relative ease*.

*100% load on a PSU isn't ideal either - definitely not for 24/7 usage.

I'd be looking to something more in the 1200W or higher range, of great quality.

Solution