[SOLVED] Can bottleneck hurt your parts?

sshah1603

Commendable
Feb 18, 2019
Recently my gpu just died out of nowhere, do you guys have any clue to how it would die, it was a Gtx 1060 6gb, anyways, if I have a ryzen 2500 3.6 ghz CPU and for the time being I install a EXTREMLEY old gpu called the AXR7 24, Ik it would bottleneck like hell, but would it cause damage to my cpu or anything else?

Solution
No, a bottleneck cannot "hurt your parts". Not unless it's an actual bottle neck and somebody has smashed you in the "parts" with it.

Seriously though, no, it can't. Your R7 240 is fine as a temporary placeholder.

sshah1603

Commendable
Feb 18, 2019
No, a bottleneck cannot "hurt your parts". Not unless it's an actual bottle neck and somebody has smashed you in the "parts" with it.

Seriously though, no, it can't. Your R7 240 is fine as a temporary placeholder.
Thanks, do you have any clue if the Gtx 1060 6gb has a warranty, it says nothing on the box, and also how it would die like that randomly, I bought it a year ago. I used it most of the time with a old cpu: AMD fx 4300

Almost all graphics cards have a three year warranty, but you have to be the original purchaser and have proof of the purchase such as a receipt or sales invoice or have registered the product in your name when you purchased it.

If you any of that, then it shouldn't be a problem. Contact the company and start an RMA.

TRENDING THREADS