Question Can connect to internet, but experience network issues and packet loss when playing multiplayer games

Sep 16, 2019
Okay, I am new to posting to forums so cut me some slack here, but I don’t know where else to go with my issue.

So a couple weeks ago I randomly started seeing big packet loss spikes while trying to play any multiplayer game. I am on my pc and am hardwired to my modem. I have never really had any network issues at all until a couple weeks ago. And it is so bad that playing anything multiplayer is just unplayable. I have tried resetting the modem, changing out cables, moving the modem. It happens on my Xbox and my brothers Xbox as well so I don’t think it is an issue with my computer. I have had two techs from my isp come and look and neither of them could see anything wrong. They ran several test lines and determined that everything was running fine. I don’t know what else to try. Everything works fine but multiplayer games. Borderlands 3 for example, I can play solo just fine, but as soon as I join a friend or they join me, I start lagging everywhere. We also tried upgrading our network package to one of the best ones the company offers and that did not help either. Any help is greatly appreciated. I just want to get back to gaming lol.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS