Can connect to internet but no websites... This one is a challenge to all those pros out there!!!

Shaun_39

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
My laptop will connect to wifi but can't get any web pages. Talked to Linksys (my model is e4200) and they said my device probably needs to be re-added to list but they can not help without me paying them money, which I am not doing. I tried at a friends house and got the same result - connected to the internet but no sites work. My desktop, phone, and ipad all still work but my laptop still doesn't (unless connected with a wired connection).

I've tried all the basic troubleshooting tactics (reset router, used windows troubleshooting, removed then readded network etc.) but nothing works. Even when i type in "ipconfig" the black screen flashes for a moment the closes right away so I cant even look at that info. The error message I get in Chrome or IE reads:"espn.com's server DNS address could not be found DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG" Please help!!!

Shaun_39

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017

What do i look for, or what do i do then?

kanewolf

Titan

Shaun_39

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017

i was on the phone with linksys for 5 hours. they told me it was a device issue. Probably that i need to update my wifi adapter or adjust the settings which i have no clue how to do... on the phone with Dell support now..