can corsair vengeance pro 8gb 2400mhz work with amd phenom ii x6 1100t and crosshair v formula z

Arnav100

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014
please help can corsair vengeance pro 8gb 2400mhz wotk with amd phenom ii x6 1100t and crosshair v formula z

Solution
That board can support DDR3 2400 but you have to OC the memory to hit it and there is no 100% yes that it will hit that speed. I can say that from my experience that Corsair is a great brand so it most likely will work but again it depends on a lot of factors.

But per Asus that board should be able to hit 2400MHz DDR3 overclocked.
That board can support DDR3 2400 but you have to OC the memory to hit it and there is no 100% yes that it will hit that speed. I can say that from my experience that Corsair is a great brand so it most likely will work but again it depends on a lot of factors.

But per Asus that board should be able to hit 2400MHz DDR3 overclocked.

Solution

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
The mobo has no problem with 2400 sticks, what will probably hold you back is the CPU, specifically, it's MC (memory controller). The days of the mobo being the primary factor in determining what data rate of DRAM you can run went by the wayside with the demise of the 775 mobos where the MC was on the mobo, that's back what 6 years ago.

CorsairJoseph

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014
Your MB BIOS should have a feature called DOCP (similar to Intel's XMP), where you can enable to run the RAM at advertised speed. You may have to tweak some of the values in your BIOS like what jimmy suggested to hit 2400Mhz. DOCP will be a good starting point.