[SOLVED] Can desktop PC monitor screen be cleaned from INSIDE?

perfection161

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
I have a DELL desktop 24 inch monitor attached to my desktop PC.
On looking closely, I found that there were brownish spots on it but these are not on the outside of the monitor screen....(I do not believe thatvtm they are burnt out pixels)

Hence I wanted to confirm whether the screen could be cleaned from the inside?

As a corrollary question, I'd like to confirm whether laptop screens be cleaned from the inside in case they are differently put together?

Thanks

Solution
Disassembling laptop screens/monitors is another matter since you can and will break the bezels/orders if disassembled with the wrong tools or method. Replacements for said bezels will be the same as buying a new screen.

Pertaining to your monitor, you would be best served by leaving the desktop monitor alone since I'm sure the stain you're referring to is actually dead pixels. We could use more information via pics of the issue and ofc, the model for your Dell branded monitor.

Lutfij

Titan
Disassembling laptop screens/monitors is another matter since you can and will break the bezels/orders if disassembled with the wrong tools or method. Replacements for said bezels will be the same as buying a new screen.

Pertaining to your monitor, you would be best served by leaving the desktop monitor alone since I'm sure the stain you're referring to is actually dead pixels. We could use more information via pics of the issue and ofc, the model for your Dell branded monitor.

Solution

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
It's possible but definitely not worth it. Usually panels are assembled in a clean room. Exposing the panel to the elements may damage it. Your first time 99.9+% chance you destroy the panel.

Last edited: